PALOS VERDES PENINSULA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT District Administration Center Palos Verdes, California Palos Verdes Peninsula Unified School District selected PBWS to design for the conversion of the historic, 1920’s Malaga Cove School into the District’s administrative offices. Located on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the school is a highly visible local landmark. PBWS undertook a careful study of the existing facilities, developing a comprehensive strategy for the historic preservation, seismic and ADA upgrade, and modernization of the 44,000 square foot campus. An existing multi-purpose space was converted into the District’s new Board Room while classrooms and other spaces were repurposed for use by various District Offices. A SELPA high school, operated by the Los Angeles County Department of Education occupies a portion of the campus, while athletic fields were refurbished for community use. Size: 53,500 Square Feet

Back to k-12 Education